Choosing the right custom framing for your art can brighten up any room. Unfortunately if there is glare bouncing off of it you can’t see your framed piece very well. In addition to that, the effects of ultraviolet rays from indoor and outdoor light can damage artwork, documents, photographs, and memorabilia. The UV light rays can cause artwork to fade and deteriorate over time.
Frame and Art Shop offers a variety of glazing options from Tru Vue® glass products to protect your artwork by blocking up to 99% of the UV light rays and preserving your artwork against damaging elements. From clear to non-reflective to Museum Glass to Optium Acrylic, we will recommend the right glazing product to protect your treasures and show them in the best light.
We love Museum Glass. It provides the lowest level of light reflection possible, providing you with optimal clarity, allowing you to see your art the way it was meant to be. It scatters light, reducing the glare from lamps and windows, making your displayed piece more visible. Museum glass by far is the best framing glass on the market. It is virtually invisible.
Museum Glass- You’ve got to See it to Believe it!
Optium Museum Acrylic
– 99% UV Protection – Highest UV protection available—the best choice for any items you wish to safeguard from UV damage, such as fading.
– Anti-Reflective – Virtually invisible acrylic—the best choice for when you want to showcase your piece without distracting reflections.
– Anti-Static – Immediately eliminates static, making it the best acrylic for charcoals, pastels, or textiles, since regular acrylic is highly static and may cause damage to these types of artwork—and it won’t attract dust, limiting cleaning.
– Abrasion Resistant – Unlike regular acrylic, which scratches easily, Optium Museum Acrylic has a durable hard coat to protect against scratches, making it the best choice for high-traffic areas where there is a risk of scratching from everyday wear and tear.
– Shatter Resistance & Safety – Shatterproof for protection against damage to valuable items and potential injury, especially for high-traffic or earthquake-prone areas where safety is a concern—and it’s half the weight of glass, making it the best choice for projects that need to be easy to handle, hang, and move around the home.
Below are 6 great pieces where the Museum Glass and Optium Museum Acrylic really makes a difference.